Tuesday 20 October 2020

Countdown to Catalyst

Hengist Journey #1

So it's C-12 and counting. This has been such a tough one to finish, mostly because I really, really do not want my time with Archer and Rory to end. But end they have, and thanks to the support of some awesome people, we have a fitting conclusion to the series. More about that later.

In the meantime, I'm gonna start at the beginning and pick on one aspect from each of the preceding books and big it up so you get an idea of how this disparate, eclectic series hangs together.

Set in a time where couples were more likely to be bound together by a length of rope than a pre-nup, the first Nature's Tribe book features "3 Handfastings and a Burial."  I've included the 9-course menu from Senna and Lyran's handfasting (his dad was proper posh!). 

Each of the couples getting wed has a bunch of problems to overcome before (or during) the happy day, but one of the recurring themes throughout the stories is the food - lovingly described in mouth-watering detail. 

Those who know me know food is a big part of my life and, although I don't always love the effort of cooking, I ALWAYS love eating the results. And the vast majority of it is made from fresh ingredients, where possible grown in my garden, or at least locally. I can't remember the last time I opened a tin of anything - processed food just doesn't do it for me. Apart from Pizza (my Friday treat) and my butcher's homemade steak pies.

I had fond ideas back when I first released the Nature's Tribe books of sharing a bunch of authentic recipes for some of the fabulous foods mentioned. I managed one for Senna's mincen parcels, but I hope, now I've completed the whole thing, to add in a few more. 

Watch this space, but don't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment