Saturday 20 May 2023

Top Thirteen from 1940s

The further I go back in time, the fewer songs I recognise. Because a whole stack of Time Kicks Back is set in Bletchley Park during 1940, I'm gonna spend a wee while looking at that decade. I couldn't find enough songs I knew/liked to do more than a single summary for the entire decade.
Here they are:
1. That Old Black Magic - Judy Garland
2. Pennsylvania 65000 - The Andrews Sisters
3. White Christmas - Bing Crosby
4. Nature Boy - Nat King Cole
5. We'll Meet Again - Vera Lynn
6. Deep In The Heart Of Texas - Bing Crosby
7. Pistol Packin' Mama - Bing Crosby & The Andrews Sisters
8. These Foolish Things - Frank Sinatra
9. Over The Rainbow - Judy Garland
10. (There’ll Be Blue Birds Over) The White Cliffs Of Dover - Vera Lynn
11. Swanee - Al Jolson
12. Whispering Grass - Ink Spots
13. The Trolley Song - Judy Garland


And a few bubbling under:
You Are My Sunshine - Bing Crosby
Lili Marlene - Anne Shelton
Begin the Beguine - The Andrews Sisters
If I Had My Way - Bing Crosby
Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ra! (That’s An Irish Lullaby) - Bing Crosby
Don’t Fence Me in - Bing Crosby & the Andrews Sisters
Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive - Bing Crosby & the Andrews Sisters
Meet Me in St. Louis - Judy Garland
Saturday Night (is the Loneliest Night in the Week) - Frank Sinatra
Moonlight Becomes You - Bing Crosby
Nancy (With the Laughing Face) - Frank Sinatra

No comments:

Post a Comment