Thursday 15 November 2012

A trio of talented ladies

One of the things I love most about my new life is how I get to meet so many amazingly talented and creative people. On my adventures around the UK, I meet them in person, but I also have a bunch of virtual friends - we just seem to connect and pick up where we left off a lifetime or two ago. These three ladies cover some of my favourite genres - check out the links and see what you think.


First for the sci-fi (with a twist) fans and younger readers, there is the exciting Alien Mind by Virginia Lori Jennings. 

Aimed primarily at middle graders (junior school), her books are enjoyed by all ages and her writing is described by one reviewer as a   "Spielberg movie in print."




Then for the young adults and young-at-heart who like their romance with a spice of magic and ritual, Wendy Steele writes with sensitivity and passion - check out the beautiful Destiny of Angels.

One of the reviewers said "Destiny of Angels is unique. Wendy Steel writes without flaw."




I'm not sure what the lower age limit is, but Ella writes with a lean, almost masculine voice that lends itself equally to action adventure and quirky humour. I finally found an author who's style and subject matter seems to match my own.

Don't just take my word about what a cool hero Nick Hunter is - or the reviewer that said he is a "likeable, strong male lead you will be rooting for" - take a look for yourself.




2 comments:

  1. I love it when one of my bloggy friends has a book come out. It's even more fun when I'm at a bookstore and see it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a mystery - but I have to know ... which book? which bookstore?
    Can't say it has ever happened to me.
    Cheers
    Jacky
    xxx

    ReplyDelete