Thursday 14 February 2019

When I rule the world ...

Imagine for one moment you were creating a brand new society from scratch, in a post-apocalyptic/dystopian sort of a way.
Or closer to my reality, in a brand-new-squeaky-clean-world/utopian kinda thing.

That's my challenge for the fourth Nature's Tribe book 13 Esbats of the Moon (available to pre-order for 99c/99p, released May 11th).

I'm after some help. I have the basic structure and the characters (all 13 of them) have chipped in with their concerns and what's important to them, but I'd love to see how that maps out with you guys.
So for the next few weeks, I'll be focussing on different areas of world-building, and I'd love to hear your views about priorities.

Here's a few aspects of life my guys will be concentrating on getting in place - the premise is a brand new world, like Earth in the middle ages before we trashed it with deforestation, over-mining, over-population, all those things killing the planet. How would you prioritise? What fundamentals would you consider equally important? Post your answers below.

Immediate Concerns
1. Sources of clean, fresh water and food
2. Shelter: temporary, communal
3. Fire for warmth/cooking
Near future
4. Planting crops
5. Basic tools (hunting/building)
6. Clothing
Long term
7. Clearing land for buildings
8. Infrastructure: Sanitation/drainage
9. Building materials (sustainable)
10. Safety/protection (weapons?)

No comments:

Post a Comment