Saturday 8 October 2022

Autumn Bliss

Last week, my son Chris married his fabulous fiancee, Sophia. Here's a flavour of the day:
All week, my hubby and I had scoured various weather forecasts which predicted torrential rain all weekend, and they were almost right - it poured down all day Friday as we travelled down to West Sussex and shared an excellent Italian dinner. But the Saturday dawned with glorious sunshine which lasted right up until the disco finished. Strangely, Sunday morning's cloudburst felt as though the heavens had been keeping their legs crossed to give us a perfect day.

It certainly seems like this is the time of year for nuptials - Bri and I celebrated our 36th anniversary on the preceeding Tuesday, my nephew and neice celebrated their 5th anniversary on the 5th, and the 6th would have been my parents' 66th anniversary. You couldn't write it.

Except I kinda did - to celebrate the 1st book in the hengist saga, 3 Handfastings and a Burial, I wrote a series of blog posts all about wedding traditions through the centuries - you can find them here: https://hengistpeoplehorse.blogspot.com/2019/

No comments:

Post a Comment