Monday 30 April 2012

Beltane Eve

Glastonbury Tor - Magical and Mythical
Exactly three years ago today, I climbed to the top of this magical mound, at 9am and 9pm. At the time I had little idea of the significance, I just knew that I needed to be there on that day. In the morning it was a truly humbling experience with few people around, just a glorious, fresh Spring morning - England at her very best.
The lack of cell-phone signal at the farmhouse I was staying in drew me back in the evening (twice in 1 day is no mean feat for a 49-year-old). My efforts were rewarded with a wonderful celebration with drums, candles, singing and happy, generous people sharing an enchanted moment.
Since then I have learnt an awful lot and tonight I will be sharing my chilli-cheese baked spuds and honey, seed and strawberry cakes with some wonderful friends, leaving a small offering for the Fae.


Happy Beltane
    J
 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment